Feel Good Friday: Use Reusable Bags!

 In Other

Next time you make a grocery run, think twice before using plastic grocery bags. Due to their detrimental impact on the environment, more and more supermarkets are discontinuing them or are offering reusable bags to their customers. We all can do our part to make the planet a cleaner and better place. Learn more about the harmful impact that plastic bags have on the environment below.


5 Ways Plastic Bags Harm the Environment

  1. It takes at least 15 years for the plastic bags to decompose.
  2. Only a mere 1% of plastic bags are recycled in the United States. Where do the other 99% of plastic bags end up? In landfills and oceans across the world!
  3. Approximately 1 million birds and sea creatures are harmed each year after mistaking the discarded plastic bags as food.
  4. 10% of washed-up pollution and waste is comprised of plastic bags.
  5. It takes a whopping 12 million barrels of oil to produce approximately 100 billion plastic bags.

 

Hopefully, these facts will help you make the switch from plastic to reusable grocery bags! For the full article, click here.

Recent Posts

Start typing and press Enter to search