Wellness Wednesdays: Healthier Alternatives to Chips and Fries!
Summer time is notoriously known for fun, sun and yummy cookout food. But are you looking for healthier alternatives for potato chips and fries? If so, you’re in luck! Thanks to MyFitnessPal, here are some of the best veggie chips and fries to help you enjoy your hotdog or hamburger guilt free!
- Kale Chips: Kale chips are low in calories, high in fiber, and are packed with iron and vitamin K. You can season them to your liking and enjoy their crunchy texture.
- Zucchini Chips: Like kale, you can also season zucchini to satisfy your taste buds. Try using fresh black pepper or sea salt to spice things up!
- Beet Chips: Beets can be used for more than just roasting. By adding a little bit of salt, beets can give you that perfect balance between sweet and savory. Not only are they tasty, but they also are a great source of iron, fiber, magnesium, and vitamins A, B and C.
- Eggplant Fries: Eggplant have a slightly sweet flavor. However, to maximize their taste, you should let it sit with a bit of salt that helps them seal in moisture before roasting. Eggplant is also a great source of vitamin B and fiber.
- Brussels Sprout Chips: The great thing about Brussel sprouts is that the leaves “crisp up quickly and perfectly in the oven, making a healthy and yummy snack.” In addition, they are also loaded with vitamins B, C, K, fiber and magnesium.
What are your thoughts on veggie chips and fries? Will you swamp out your favorite potato chip for a veggie chip instead?